Thursday, October 18, 2012

How I'm In More Than One Classroom At A Time

I am one technology integration teacher. There are over 100 teachers in two buildings that I want to help. 

How.Do.I.Do.It?

I create 2-3 minute videos for teachers to show to their classroom.

What.Does.This.Do?

It creates a library for teachers to access on tech tool tips for integration into their classroom. They can access this any time, and they can refer to it multiple times throughout the year. In addition, they don't have to spend a ton of time learning the "tricks" of the tech tool. However, as they watch it, they learn the "tricks" of the tech tool. It really is a win-win-win for teachers, students, and me! Present in multiple classrooms at one time.

See one that a teacher is using on Friday.

How did I create it?
I do not have Camtasia Studio at the present time due to reconfiguring of our computer work stations. Because of this, I use Screencast-o-matic for computer instruction or Reflection for iPad instruction for the actual recording.  Whichever the tool used, I upload it to YouTube and then use the Tubebox app to download it from YouTube to my iPad.  After using the Skitch app to create a bumper page, I add the video, bumper page, and some copyright free music to the iMovie instruction.  Finally, I upload the video to YouTube and email the link to the teacher.

The process does become easier as it is practiced.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...